For the following question, match the key event of meiosis with the stages listed below. I. Prophase I V. Prophase II II. Metaphase I VI. Metaphase II III. Anaphase I VII. Anaphase II IV. Telophase I VIII. Telophase II

For the following question, match the key event of meiosis with the stages listed below.
I. Prophase I V. Prophase II
II. Metaphase I VI. Metaphase II
III. Anaphase I VII. Anaphase II
IV. Telophase I VIII. Telophase II 



Tetrads of chromosomes are aligned at the equator of the spindle; alignment determines independent assortment.

A) I
B) II
C) IV
D) VI
E) VIII


Answer: B


Synaptonemal complexes form or are still present. A) I only 

B) I and IV only
C) I and VIII only
D) II and VI only
E) I, II, III, and IV only


Answer: A


Centromeres of sister chromatids disjoin and chromatids separate. 

A) II 
B) III
C) IV
D) V
E) VII


Answer: E


Learn More :